TK Senior Air Compressor Technician
TK Compressor is GROWING !!! - and we are looking for a Senior Air Compressor Technician
TK Compressor, a division of Thermo King Western Inc., is a supplier for a wide range of first class air compressors, parts, install services and repair and maintenance offerings.
At TK Compressor we are proud of our family-oriented team environment and we are passionate about the work we do. Through commitment to our core values we will ensure that you remain engaged and focused on growth by supporting you to reach your goals.
Check out our Whiteboard video to learn more about TK and our values
TK Compressor specifics included in this role:
- Competitive wage structure
- A comprehensive Benefits Package
- Tool Allowance
- Boot Allowance
- Use of iPad & iPhone
- A clean, reliable service truck
- On-going compressed air training & mentorship
- A commitment to safety, including on-going safety certifications and training
- Work / life balance
As a Senior Air Compressor Technician you will provide outstanding service to clients across Alberta and the NWT, by installing, trouble shooting, repairing and maintaining all makes of rotary screw and reciprocating air compressors, along with additional compressed air system components and accessories. To execute the highest level of service, you will use your expert trouble shooting skills, diagnostic tooling, manuals and schematics to maintain our customers’ up time and profitability.
- Practice safe work procedures and participate in toolbox meetings.
- Troubleshoot and repair compressed air equipment including air compressors, air dryers and associated accessories, including warranty work.
- Complete preventative maintenance requirements and 47 point inspections.
- Installation, start-up and commissioning of equipment and compressed air piping.
- Maintain excellent client relations by identifying solutions and recommending improvements.
- Able to review technical manuals, wiring diagrams, drawings, websites and databases to assist with the diagnosis and repair of equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe shop environment.
- Participate in on-call rotations.
- Serve as technical support for customers and Service Team.
- Operate and maintain a company service vehicle for on-site customer repairs.
- Periodic travel throughout Alberta and the NWT.
- 40 hour work week plus opportunity for on-call and overtime hours.
- Accurately complete work orders, daily time sheets, safety forms etc.
- Conduct safety hazard assessments for continuously changing working environments.
- 3-5 years air compressor repair and electrical troubleshooting experience is required.
- Ability to practice Safe Working Habits and follow company Safety Program.
- Refrigeration experience/certification is an asset.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent mechanical and technical aptitude, proven problem solving skills.
- Team player, reliable, honest, self-motivated, innovative, organized and self-directed.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills and working proficiency with hand held devices (Smartphone, iPad).
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must be able to fly to NWT for customers and to locations in Canada and USA for training
- Be able to gain security clearance for customer sites