Superb Service Technician
TK Western's Truck Body and Heatmo divisions seek a team-oriented individual to fill a Service Technician position for service and installation work related to Truck accessory equipment.
Hours are 7:30am-4pm Monday-Friday. Overtime will be occasionally required for this position.
- Install and Service VMAC under hood and self driven air compressors.
- Service Hydraulic lift gates
- Service and Repair of truck mounted Electric/Hydraulic service cranes
- Install and service Espar heating solutions.
- Install and service mobile air conditioning equipment.
- Install and diagnose/repair basic 12-volt systems related to truck accessories
- Diagnose and repair basic hydraulic systems related to small crane and lift gate applications
- Provide additional support within the shop when required.
- Communicate with customers on work requirements and work performed when required
Skills & Traits
- Ability to read and interpret electric and hydraulic schematics
- Willing to learn with provided in house training
- Able to work independently and as a team on the above key responsibilities.
- Must understand and exercise safe work habits
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Understand the importance of maintaining a clean and orderly workplace
- Ability to problem solve and willing to learn
- Be flexible and able to adapt when necessary
- Strong work ethic
- Provide Quality finished work
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Practical Mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic experience and aptitude.
- This position does not require a journeyman ticket or certifications but does require at least 3 years experience in mechanical applications or similar applications as noted above.
- This position is physical in nature and requires daily use of hand-tools, standing, stooping, kneeling and frequent lifting and moving of 50lbs
- Valid class 5 driver’s license with clean driver's abstract
Compensation: To be discussed with qualified applicants. Benefits after probationary period, health spending account, plus annual tool and boot allowance.