Thermo King is currently seeking an experienced Shipper/Receiver to join our exciting and growing team!
In our fast paced, results oriented environment, you will be relied on to be a problem-solver and to understand business needs. Excellent communication skills and analytical abilities are essential. If you also have hands-on experience with technical projects and systems conversions, we are excited to meet with you!
Reporting to the Service Manager, the primary functions of this position are picking, packing, shipping and receiving product/materials for our internal and external customers as well as warehouse cleanliness. The primary goal of this position is to drive customer satisfaction by ensuring all tasks are handled in a safe, accurate, efficient and courteous manner, within allocated timelines and to performance metric expectations.
Before reading further, we invite you to view our whiteboard video (below link) to learn more about who we are, and determine if you are a fit into our TK culture.
This role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Pick items on sales order and deliver to packing area.
- Confirm order accuracy and initial packing slip.
- Replenish bin stock and remove related trash (during picking process).
- Assist in lifting/moving heavy or oversized items.
- Securely pack items into containers, seal and apply appropriate labeling.
- Weigh cartons as required and deliver to appropriate shipping/route areas.
- Recall, edit and cancel orders as warranted.
- Replenish packing supplies/materials.
- Obtain freight quotes as necessary.
- Prepare, sort and route all packages for shipment.
- Process carrier shipping documents (waybills, manifests, etc.).
- Accurately build skids (effective/secure stacking, shrink-wrapping, strapping, etc.).
- Trace undelivered shipments.
- Schedule/coordinate pick-ups.
- Load and unload trucks.
- Print receiving documents.
- Sort packages, confirm/check-off merchandise and confirm PO information.
- Identify damages, short ship, over ship issues and resolve.
- Prepare documentation for systems entry.
- Store/stock product and remove related trash.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of assigned bins.
- Operate forklifts and other electric/power equipment.
- Driven by achieving warehouse productivity goals.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills (ability to effectively deal with others – tact/diplomacy/courtesy).
- Work accuracy ability and detail oriented.
- Strong alphanumeric skills.
- Self-motivated and deadline driven, with effective time management abilities.
- Capacity to establish, maintain and promote high standards of professional etiquette and superior customer service.
- Knowledge on operation of a forklift is a bonus.
- Standard Alberta Drivers’ License.
- Ability to fulfill all physical aspects of job-related tasks (heavy lifting – 50+ lbs, long periods standing/walking/ladder climbing, etc.).
- Ability to efficiently work both independently, and as part of a cohesive team, in a high volume and demanding environment.
- Working knowledge of basic office equipment, computers, internet, e-mail and various software applications.
Compensation dependent on experience (range $17-$25/ hour)
Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
2 Weeks vacation per year accrued monthly
Group Benefits after 90 days (Health/Dental/Life/ Disability)
RRSP matching at pre-determined levels based on year of service
Monthly lunch time events (BBQ, Pizza, Wings)