Thermo King Western Inc. is looking for a team oriented individual to fill a Part time (piece work) painter position for Van body, truck body and accessories. This position could result in a FULL TIME position for an individual with Mechanical aptitude that can work between the paint department and our service and repair area on equipment such as air compressors, hydraulic lift gates and small service body cranes. Hours are as required if hired for piece work or 7:30am-4pm Monday-Friday if full time.
- Prep and Paint any bodies or portions of bodies or accessories as required.
- Must be available upon request and within a reasonable time line for required paint jobs
- Ensure quality of work and guarantee quality of work.
- Record paint used and materials used on all jobs.
- Must account for time on site and time on jobs.
- Must work safely with proper PPE as per health and safety regulations.
- Must assist in proper maintenance of paint booth, equipment and MUA systems.
Skills & Traits
- Must be skilled in various metals preparation and paint applications.
- Must have experience in operating cross draft paint booth
- Must be trustworthy and reliable to meet job schedules.
- Able to work independently and as a team on the above key responsibilities.
- Must understand and exercise safe work habits
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Understand the importance of maintaining a clean and orderly workplace
- Practice Safe work
- Ability to problem solve and willing to learn
- Be flexible and able to adapt when necessary
- Strong work ethic
- Provide Quality finished work
- Minimum 2 years preparation and paint experience
- High School Diploma or equivalency
This position is physical in nature and requires daily use of hand-tools, standing, stooping, and kneeling.
Compensation: To be discussed with qualified applicants.